We’re happy you’re interested in joining us on Crete.
You can. And you don’t even have to apply! Just read on.
Yes, you can become popular as an expert at #AgileCrete
Just not in front of a projector screen.
Here is a socially accepted flow how you can market and brand yourself, in a totally refreshing way, at #AgileCrete:
- If you’re not already familiar with the basics of open space unconferences, read a little about them. Please. Do.
- Once you arrive at our venue, notice the questions people have. It’s easy, they’ll let everybody know, on the marketplace of sessions, right at the beginning, every morning.
- Once you notice interesting questions and feel like contributing, attend the respective sessions.
- Get comfortable with the situation by listening to understand.
- Show off your expertise by finetuning your contributions to the actual questions that get asked.
- Show off your social skills by balancing what you tell with what you ask, roughly 50 : 50.
- There’s a place for presentations of branded content from blog posts, articles or books – #AgileCrete just isn’t that place.
- Exchange business cards with whomever you want. No problem.
- Probably we’d frown upon unsolicited dropping of stacks of flyers everywhere, because, you know, our sponsors pay for that right and we value fairness slightly over guerilla marketing.